FAQs - Before you book
A deposit of $200 per person is due at the time of booking. Your account balance is due 60 days prior to the trip departure date. Certain tours may require a non-refundable airline deposit at the time of booking. This is indicated during the booking process
- To cancel your trip please use our contact us form to let us know you would like to cancel your booking
- Please note all written cancellations or departure date change requests must be received in writing
- Cancellation and departure date change fees are based on the date we receive the request in writing
- Travel insurance is non-refundable after a reservation has been paid in full
- Please click here for more details regarding our cancellation and departure date change policy and fees
- Groupon booking cancellation: If you have redeemed a voucher purchased through Groupon and subsequently cancel your booking, you will be responsible for all relevant cancellation fees as listed in Affordable World’s terms and conditions. Due to Groupon’s refund procedures, we are unable to refund you the balance owed to you (Amount paid to Groupon - cancellation fees). To claim your refund for your Groupon booking, you will first need to pay all relevant cancellation charges directly to Affordable World. After we have received your cancellation charges we will notify Groupon your booking is cancelled and you can claim your refund directly from Groupon.
Groupon Booking Cancellation Procedure:
i. Use our contact us form to let us know you would like to cancel your booking
ii. We will inform you of any cancellation fees that are applicable to your booking
iii. Upon receipt of your cancellation fees payment we will cancel your booking and inform Groupon the booking is cancelled and your Groupon vouchers are eligible for a refund.
iv. Upon receipt of an email notification from Affordable World Tours confirming receipt of the payment, you can contact Groupon directly to request a refund on your voucher purchase.
- Land & Air Packages
- International airfare from the departure gateway city selected
- Airport transfers (airport transfer out is not included when you extend your stay)
- Daily breakfast in the hotel (select tours may include additional meals as indicated in the itinerary)
- Hotel accommodations
- City orientation tours with an English-speaking tour guide as indicated in the itinerary (not included for our Maldives' packages)
- Transportation from city to city as indicated in the itinerary
- Land Only Packages
- Includes the same features as our land & air package except for international airfare and round-trip airport transfers.
- Airport transfers are available for purchase for all destinations except for our Japan and Maldives’ tours.
Prices listed are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). A single supplement fee will apply for solo travellers requiring a single room throughout the tour.
For privacy reasons we cannot pair solo travellers with one another. A single supplement fee will apply for solo travellers.
- Children must be under the age of 12 at the time of travel to qualify for the child fare.
- China & Thailand
- 80% of the regular adult price if your child does not require an extra bed
- 90% of the regular adult price if your child requires an extra bed
- $100 off the regular adult price if the child does not require an extra bed
- Greece, Bali, Vietnam, Taiwan, Maldives
- No child discount; the full adult fare will apply
- China & Thailand
- Infants 2 and under - $500 flat fee
- Please call during business hours for assistance with infant bookings
- Unfortunately, we do not offer a pre-stay option at this time. However, we do offer the option to extend your stay at the last visiting city for a supplemental deviation fee. Hotel accommodation and airport transfer out not included. Airline surcharge fees may apply.
Yes, you may extend your stay only in the last visiting city of the tour for a supplemental deviation fee (deviation fee varies by destination as listed below). You may select this option to extend your stay during the initial booking process. Hotel accommodations and airport transfers out are not included when you extend your stay. Hotel accommodations for your extended stay and airport transfer out service is available for purchase during the booking process (airport transfer service is available for purchase for all destinations except for our Japan and Maldives tours)
- China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Bali - $60 pp deviation fee
- Thailand - $60 to $200 pp deviation fee (varies based on airlines & departure date)
- Japan, Greece - $100 pp deviation fee
- Maldives - $100 to $300 pp dev fee (varies based on departure date)
All reservations are based on flight availability at the time of booking. As long as the departure date does not say “sold out” and flights are still available, you can still book the tour.
All tours (except for ATY) are closed for new bookings 21 days prior to the trip departure date. Tour code ATY will be closed for new bookings 35 days prior to the trip departure date.
If you are leaving from two different gateways or want to pay separately, you will each need to book a reservation separately. Afterwards, please send us an email using the contact form and provide both traveller’s trip confirmation IDs and your request to share a room; we will update your reservations accordingly. Alternatively, if you wish to share a room with an existing reservation, you may enter the traveller’s confirmation ID during the booking process to indicate so. Room share requests must be received 35 days prior to the trip departure date.
Triple rooms are available upon request for select tours. Please note, hotels will provide a rollaway bed for the third traveler in a triple room.
We can place the request for adjoining rooms however it is subject to confirmation as it is based on hotel availability
You can find the hotels we generally use for each tour on the “featured hotels” tab of the selected tour package. In the case we must change hotels, it will be of a similar category and we will notify you of the change prior to your trip departure.
You are unable to add more people into your existing reservation. You must make a new reservation for the additional passengers.
Flight times and schedules will vary based on your departure date, airline, and departure gateway. Flights will either be displayed at the time of booking or if flight information is not displayed at the time of booking, it will be emailed to you within 48 business hours of receiving your reservation.
No, this means that the airline has closed or blocked off their seat map for pre-assignment. You can either select your seats at the airline check-in counter on the day of your flight or after we issue your tickets, you may call the airline directly and pay them to pre-assign your seats.
No, this means your booking session has timed out. Please start the booking process from the beginning.
One or more flights are not available at our special group rate. You may either pay the airline surcharge as shown or try a different departure date.
Meals provided during your tour are based on local cuisine and menus. We can generally assist guests in communicating special meal requests to airlines, hotels and restaurants but please be aware that they are not guaranteed. Please provide your requests prior to your trip departure; we will notify our tour guides of any food allergies but please note meal alternatives are subject to confirmation as they are based on availability of the providing restaurant. For those with strict dietary needs, we recommend bringing pre-packaged food alternatives for your trip.
We can request a crib for the infants in the hotel rooms and they will also have a seat in the coach bus however you will need to bring your own car seat for them as we do not provide those items. Once you have made your booking with us and tickets have been issued, you may also call the airlines directly to request a bassinet on the plane.
Only one card will be accepted at the time of payment.
While any unused portion of the trip is non-refundable, you can opt out of certain included activities if you do not wish to participate in them. Please be sure to notify us prior to your departure date and notify your tour guide upon arrival. You will be responsible for any expenses incurred should you deviate from the tour group during the scheduled tour itinerary. If you choose to deviate from the tour group on a day where we are transiting from one city to another, you will also be responsible for your own transportation and expenses incurred.
Sorry, we only offer the option to extend your stay in the last visiting city of the tour itinerary. Any extension to a city other than the one offered for the selected tour must be arranged on your own.
2021 Departures: The Post Departure Travel Protection Plan costs $28 per person. The price of the Trip Cancellation Protection Plan and the Cancel for Any Reason Upgrade is based on the age at the time of purchase.
You may add travel insurance to a reservation during the booking process. Travel insurance may also be added to an existing reservation before the final payment has been received.
If your flight is delayed or you miss your flight, please notify us as soon as possible so we may inform your tour guide of your updated arrival. Your tour guide will leave instructions with the hotel as to where you need to meet the group that night or the following morning. An airport transfer service will not be included if you arrive later than the scheduled arrival date/time. If you arrive later in the itinerary and the group has moved to a different destination, it will be your responsibility to catch up and meet the group at that destination. We will provide you with the most up to date meeting information. Please note Affordable World cannot reimburse you for any unused portion of the trip.
We accept Mastercard and Visa. We also accept personal checks when paying your account balance however the personal check must be received in full prior to the account balance due date.Please make check payable to: Affordable World Tours, and mail it to us before your balance due date to:
Affordable World Tours
208 South First Street
Alhambra, CA 91801
Please log in to your My Affordable account, click on “Upcoming Trips” tab, and the “Pay Balance” icon and follow the instructions to pay your account balance
Affordable World maintains the highest standard of Internet information security. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Private Communication Technology security standards that are supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later as well as other popular browsers. SSL encodes your personal information (such as your password, address and phone number, or your credit card number) so that it is available only to you and Affordable World. You can verify that your transaction is encrypted and secure when the URL starts with https://, and a "lock" symbol appears in your browser’s address bar or in the browser frame.
The refund process normally takes 15-45 days depending on your bank.
Please click here to learn more about our travel protection plan.
Sorry we do not accept reservations over the phone. All reservations must be booked directly on our website.
Passport number/ exp date: If you do not have your passport with you at the time of booking, you may enter nine 0's as your passport number and 01/01/2025 as the passport expiration date and continue with the booking process. Once you have booked your reservation and you have your passport handy, please send us an email using the contact us form with the passport number and expiration date and we will update your reservation accordingly. You may also call during business hours to provide this information. Your passport must be valid for 6 months after your scheduled return date to the U.S.
Name on Passport: Please note the traveler name you input on your booking will be used to make your (and any accompanying passenger's) airline reservation and is required by the TSA. It is important you input each traveler's name exactly as it appears on his/her passport. Once your reservation has been confirmed, passenger names cannot be changed without incurring a penalty charge. Any passenger name change made to a reservation after it has been confirmed will result in a $100 per person name change fee and is subject to additional airline surcharge and/or cancellation fees.
There is a $75 p/p change fee for any changes made to a reservation after it has been confirmed. Any passenger name change made to a booking reservation after it has been confirmed will result in a $100 p/p name change fee and is subject to additional airline change and/or cancellation fees. Additional fees may apply. For more details, please contact us.
Travel documents will be mailed to you approximately two weeks prior to the trip departure date. It usually takes about 7 – 10 business days. It only includes luggage tags, badges, and things to know before you go. You may access your booking confirmation page at any time by logging on to your Affordable World account.
Our itineraries offer travellers the comfort of included city tours and free time to explore the area or join our optional tours. To get the most out of your trip, we may visit multiple sightseeing spots on our city orientation tours – these do tend to involve a decent amount of walking in one venue or another. Given the length of the trip, it is always best to consult your doctor in regards to your health.
In addition to the benefits offered in the comprehensive Trip Cancellation Protection Plan we also offer the option to upgrade to Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) coverage, which offers increased protection and flexibility with your travel plans. To be eligible for the CFAR upgrade you must enroll in this plan within 14 days of your initial trip deposit/payment. This upgrade can only be purchased in addition to the Trip Cancellation Protection Plan. Please note this upgrade is not available for NY residents.
Once your reservation has been paid in full Travel insurance is non-refundable.