THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
(Updated August 2018)
PREPARING FOR YOUR TRIP
As you prepare to embark on your upcoming Affordable World journey, please log on to your My Affordable account and click on your trip confirmation ID to review the most up to date trip details including hotel information, flight schedules, and ticket number(s). Please make sure you have all travel documents, passports, and necessary visas ready before you depart for your trip.
CHECKING IN AT THE AIRPORT
Be sure to bring your passport as you will need to present it when checking in at the airport. Please be advised not all airlines assign seats in advance. Some airlines assign seats at the airport during check-in. We recommend all travellers arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to the flight departure time. You will receive boarding passes at the airline counter when you check in for your flight.
UPON ARRIVAL IN VIETNAM
Please go through Customs and Immigrations on your own. After you pick up your luggage, exit the baggage claim area and look for the Affordable World representative holding an Affordable World flag or sign. Please wear your Affordable badge for easy identification.
Airport Transfers upon Arrival
Affordable World tour guides/airport assistants will wait for arriving tour members outside the airport baggage claim area for up to 90 minutes* after the landing time of the tour member's flight before departing from the airport with transportation to the hotel. If for any reason a tour member does not meet the Affordable World representative within 90 minutes after the landing time of the tour member's flight, the tour member will be responsible for his or her own transportation from the airport to the hotel, along with all associated expenses.
Land Only & Extended Stay Travelers
Land only packages do not include airport transfers. Please arrange your own airport transfer to the hotel as listed in your travel documents. The tour guide will leave information for you at the hotel regarding the time of the meeting the next day. Airport transfers out are not included for those who have chosen to extend their stay at the end of the tour.
If you have purchased an airport transfer service from us, please be sure to provide all flight information to Affordable World prior to your trip departure date.
- Passports must be valid for 6 months from the return date of your trip
- Entry visas are required for U.S tourists entering Vietnam. Visa must be obtained prior to arrival in Vietnam.
- We have partnered with Visa Central to offer a fast and easy way to obtain a visa, passport and other documents for your Affordable World vacation. Please visit www.visacentral.com/aw and select your tour to obtain more information
- It is the responsibility of the traveller to obtain a Vietnam visa in a timely manner.
- For detailed passport and visa requirements, all travellers are advised to check with the related embassy or consulate
- If you are holding a non US passport, please check with your embassy or consulate in your jurisdiction for Vietnam travel requirements
- In addition to your actual passport, please alsos bring a scanned copy of your passport as customs will request this information for your Halong Bay Cruise