COVID-19 TRAVEL INFORMATION
(Updated Nov 2022)
TRAVEL AND IMMIGRATION RESTRICTIONS
Several countries have imposed travel and immigration restrictions due to COVID-19. This is a dynamic situation and it is the responsibility of the customer to check all relevant travel advisories to and from the countries they are visiting and transiting through. Always check travel restrictions for each part of your trip; this includes layovers for connecting flights, as well as entry requirements for your return back to the US. Please note that the information provided in this addendum is based on the time of print/publication and a country’s requirements can change at any time. It is the responsibility of the traveler to check all updates and obtain all necessary documents and tests prior to departure, as well as entry back into the US. Affordable World is not responsible if you are denied entrance for any reason in any country, even if you hold a valid passport and entry visa. Non U.S Passport holders - please check with your local embassy or consulate for detailed visa and travel document/entry requirements. If you need clarification on whether you may enter Bali, contact the closest Indonesia Embassy or consulate, as well as your airline prior to travel.
All travelers to Bali departing on or after March 01, 2022 must ensure they are eligible to enter Bali and produce all required entry documentation for this vacation. Requirements and restrictions may depend on different factors including but not limited to: your country of residence, passport nationality, transit points, as well as previous travel history. Full proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required for our Bali tours and must be completed at least 14 days prior to departure to be considered fully vaccinated. *Exceptions may apply to children under 18 years of age (at the time of travel), who do not qualify for vaccination, however they will be required to comply with all other entry conditions and must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent or guardian on the reservation. The new entry requirements will take effect for all Bali packages departing on or after March 01, 2022 and are subject to change at any time.
PRE-ARRIVAL MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
All travelers must have the following documents for entering Bali:
- Verification of Full Vaccination: Travelers must have proof of vaccination in the form of a vaccine card or certificate in paper or digital form showing they have received the full dose(s) of the Covid-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to departure. Proof of vaccination: Travelers are required to verify foreign-issued, vaccination cards that will be used to accommodate activities in Indonesia. Mandatory non-Indonesian vaccination verification form must be completed online prior to arrival. To complete this requirement, download the Peduli Lindungi app and follow the instructions to register by submitting your data. The verification must be completed at least 7 business days prior to the trip departure date. Guests should also carry a printed copy of their vaccination certificate and proof of verification. Children under the age of 18 years at the time of travel are not required to be vaccinated and are eligible to enter Indonesia as long as their parents are fully vaccinated; the required documents for them will be based on their parents.
1 (a). Booster Vaccination Dose & A Negative Test Result: Effective July 18, 2022 - All travelers are required to provide either proof of Booster Vaccination Dose or A Negative Antigen / PCR test for domestic travel within Indonesia.
i. Free to travel within Indonesia without a negative test result are applicable for the following travelers:
➢ Fully Vaccinated + Booster dose.
➢ Second doses for Children: 6 years old to 16 years old at the time of travel.
➢ Children below 6 years old at the time of travel.
ii. PCR Test Requirement (within 72 hours prior to travel) or Antigen Test Requirement ( within 24 hours prior to travel) are applicable for the following travelers:
➢ Second Doses
➢ First Dose: Children from 6 years old to 16 years old at the time of travel.
iii. PCR Test Requirement (within 72 hours prior to travel) or Antigen Test Requirement ( within 24 hours prior to travel) + statement from authority hospital or doctor are applicable for the following travelers:
➢ People with comorbid
- Health Insurance: Proof of medical or travel Insurance coverage statement for Covid-19 treatment in Indonesia is no longer required however, it is highly recommended to purchase insurance.
- Proof of Negative pre-departure Covid-19 test results: Travelers are no longer required to present a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test result to enter Indonesia.
- Visa on Arrival (VOA): Visa-free travel is currently suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Normally, a visa would not be required for US passport holders visiting Indonesia for Tourism purposes.
- US Passport Holders: A Visa on Arrival (VOA) is required for fully vaccinated travelers of 42 nationalities (including the US) and is currently only available for arrivals to the island of Bali via DPS airport. A Visa on Arrival (VOA) is required for your stay up to 30 days; no extension allowed and no adjustment to another visa status permitted. International travelers with passports originating from the 42 eligible countries can apply for a VOA for Tourism purposes after arriving through immigration control at DPS airport (Bali Ngurah Rai International Airport). Travelers are responsible for purchasing their own VOA upon arrival and must present the following requirements for a VOA for Tourism at the immigration counter: A passport valid for at least 6 months, a return or a connecting ticket to continue traveling onward to another country and any mandatory documents required under the provisions from the Covid-19 task force, including proof of full vaccination at least 14 days prior to departure. At the time of publication, the VOA costs IDR 500,000 per person (approximately $35 USD and applies to both adults and children). Payment can be made upon arrival either by cash payment (IDR, USD, EURO, GPB or SGD) or by debit or credit card (only Visa and Mastercard accepted).
- Non US Passport Holders - Please check with your local consulate or embassy for Indonesia Visa requirements for your trip. Travelers who are not listed among the 42 countries may not be eligible for a VOA.
Electronic Visa On Arrival (E-VOA): We highly recommend all travelers apply for E-VOA to avoid the long line at the airport. An account is required to complete the application. Please click here to learn more about the E-VOA and to apply online.
- eHAC Health Alert Card & Peduli Lindungi app: Travelers are required to download and fill out the eHAC (Indonesia Health Alert Card) application via smartphone prior to departure. Travelers will be asked to show the required details to the immigrations officer upon arrival in DPS. Download the Peduli Lindungi app here.
- Electronic Custom Declaration: All travelers are required to complete an Electronic Customs Declaration and present the completed form with the QR code to the Customs Officer.
To avoid long lines at the customs, please fill out the Electronic Customs Declaration Form form at 02(two) days prior to departure. Upon filling out the form, you will receive the QR code or Barcode which you need to present at the Custom.
Information required to complete Electronic Customs Declaration Form
- Full name :
- Email :
- Passport no :
- Nationality :
- Date of birth :
- Occupation :
- Address in Indonesia / hotel :
- Place / city of arrival port :
- Flight number :
- Date of arrival :
Total pieces baggage :
Total pieces baggage unaccompanied :
Total members of family :
IMEI registration : (electronics items : laptop, mobile phone, tablets computer)
*(Only required for travelers staying more than 90 days)
ARRIVAL PROCEDURE AT NGURAH RAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (DPS)
- Entry Screening
- Visa on Arrival (VOA) Counter
- Immigration Counter
- Baggage Claim
- Electronic Customs Declaration
- Baggage Check
ON-ARRIVAL REQUIREMENTS DURING YOUR STAY IN BALI:
- Visa on Arrival (VOA) - US Passport Holders: a VOA is required for fully vaccinated travelers of 42 nationalities (including the US) and is currently only available for arrivals to the island of Bali via DPS airport. International travelers with passports originating from the 42 eligible countries can apply for a VOA for Tourism purposes after arriving through immigration control at DPS airport (Bali Ngurah Rai International Airport). Travelers are responsible for purchasing their own VOA upon arrival and must present the required documents for a VOA for Tourism at the immigration counter. At the time of publication, the VOA costs IDR 500,000 per person (approximately $35 USD and applies to both adults and children). Payment can be made upon arrival either by cash payment (IDR, USD, EURO, GPB or SGD) or by debit or credit card (only Visa and Mastercard accepted). Non-US Passport Holders - Please check with your local consulate or embassy for Indonesia Visa requirements for your trip. Travelers who are not listed among the 42 countries may not be eligible for a VOA.
- Entry Screening Upon Arrival: All travelers must undergo entry screening including a body temperature check and presenting the required documents (including but not limited to proof of: full vaccination, negative Covid-19 PCR test result taken 48 hrs prior to travel and travel/medical insurance with Covid-19 coverage) to the Immigration/Health Control officer to carry out the checks.
- On Arrival Covid-19 RT-PCR test may be required: Upon arrival, travelers will complete a COVID-19 symptom check, and temperature check. Travelers are required to take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test on arrival only if they present any COVID-19 symptoms, including body temperature above 37.5 degrees Celsius or 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit. Travelers who have been positive for COVID-19 in the past 30 days are required to take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test on arrival. If this test is positive, the traveler must isolate at their residence or a facility approved for COVID-19 isolation. The traveler is responsible for all associated costs and any unused portion of the trip is nonrefundable.
- Proceed to your CHSE hotel accommodation and wait for RT-PCR test results: All guests who went through the RT-PCR test must stay in their room until a negative RT-PCR test result is received (approximately 3 to 6 hours to receive test results).
b. Travelers whose test result returns as positive, and are not exhibiting symptoms or only very mild symptoms will be required to undergo 5 days of isolation at dedicated isolation hotels - covered by traveler’s insurance or at the traveler’s own expense. At risk individuals will be admitted to a hospital. The decision will be made after a physical examination by a medical staff or doctor (covered by traveler’s insurance or at their own expense).
BEFORE TRAVELING BACK TO THE UNITED STATES:
- Effective Sunday June 12, 2022 - Travelers are no longer required to present a negative viral COVID-19 test result for the flight to the United States. Please see CDC’s FAQ for answers to questions about the requirements for all air passengers arriving in the United States. *Important note: If you are unable to board your scheduled return flight to the U.S. for any reason, you will be responsible for any expenses you may incur (ie. flight expenses, hotel accommodation, transportation, meals, sundry expenses and more). Please note, Affordable World cannot be held responsible if you cannot return as scheduled and will not be responsible for any related expenses.
GOVERNMENT & INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES
We’d like to remind all guests to check their local state travel guidelines regarding travel restrictions when arriving from international destinations or other US States, as this may vary state by state.
US State Department
CDC Travel Resources
US Consular Agency Bali
Covid-19 Country Specific Information
FAQs on Covid-19 Vaccination & Testing for International Travel
Official Website of the Ministry of Tourism, Republic of Indonesia
FAQs regarding the Covid Vaccination Verification process for foreign nationals
Link to book and prepay for mandatory PCR Swab Tests while in Bali
Bali EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
- Ms Senly +6287761009889
- U.S. Consular Agency Bali +(62)(361) 233-605. Emergency After-Hours Telephone: Please contact the U.S. Consulate in Surabaya:+(62)(811) 334-183. Fax: +(62)(361) 222-426. Email: CABali@state.gov
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
(Updated November 2022)
PREPARING FOR YOUR TRIP
As you prepare to embark on your upcoming Affordable World journey, please log on to your My Affordable account and click on your trip confirmation ID to review the most up to date trip details including hotel information, flight schedules, and ticket number(s). Please make sure you have all travel documents*, passports, and necessary visas ready before you depart for your trip.
*Additional travel documents, PCR tests, proof of full vaccination and other items may be required due to Covid-19. It is the responsibility of the traveler to check relevant travel advisories, requirements and/or restrictions for each part of the trip; this includes airline specific policies, layovers for all connecting flights, entry requirements to Indonesia and entry requirements for your return back to the US; travelers must obtain all required documents, tests and vaccinations prior to departure. Affordable World is not responsible if you are denied entrance for any reason in any country, even if you hold a valid passport and entry visa.
CHECKING IN AT THE AIRPORT
Be sure to bring your passport and all required travel documents* as you will need to present them when checking in at the airport. Please be advised that not all airlines assign seats in advance. Some airlines assign seats at the airport during check-in. We recommend all travelers arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to the flight departure time. You will receive boarding passes at the airline counter when you check in for your flight.
UPON ARRIVAL IN BALI
Please go through Customs and Immigrations on your own. After you pick up your luggage, exit the baggage claim area and look for the Affordable World representative holding an Affordable World sign. Please wear your Affordable badge for easy identification. Airport Transfers upon Arrival
Affordable World guides/airport assistants will wait for arriving tour members outside the airport baggage claim area for up to 90 minutes* after the landing time of the tour member's flight before departing from the airport with transportation to the hotel. If for any reason a tour member does not meet the Affordable World representative within 90 minutes after the landing time of the tour member's flight, the tour member will be responsible for his or her own transportation from the airport to the hotel, along with all associated expenses.
Land Only & Extended Stay Travelers
Land only packages do not include airport transfers. Please arrange your own airport transfer to the hotel as listed in your travel documents. Airport transfers out are not included for those who have chosen to extend their stay at the end of the tour. If you have purchased an airport transfer service from us, please provide all flight information to Affordable World prior to your trip departure date.
Upon arrival in Ubud, a tour guide or representative will provide you with a detailed day-to-day itinerary with transfer schedules for city and optional tours as well as any necessary vouchers required for the trip.
Land Only Travelers - an envelope with the above information will be left at the front desk in the Ubud hotel.
- Passports must be valid for 6 months from the return date of your trip.
- U.S Passport holders – Visa-free travel is currently suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Normally, a visa would not be required for U.S passport holders visiting Indonesia for Tourism purposes. Please refer to the Bali Covid Addendum for more details regarding VOA’s.
- Non-U.S Passport holders – Please check with your local Indonesia consulate or embassy for Visa requirements for your trip. Travelers who are not listed among the 42 countries may not be eligible for a VOA.
- It is the responsibility of the traveler to obtain a visa in a timely manner.
- For detailed passport and visa requirements, all travelers are requested to check with the related embassy or consulate.
Please refer to Covid Addendum document for more information regarding entry and travel requirements for your trip.
Baggage allowance for international flights may vary by airline and is subject to change at any time. Please refer to the below information for each airline’s baggage policy as of November 1st, 2022. For up to date baggage allowance information, check directly with the airlines.
- Baggage allowance for international flights varies by airlines and is subject to change at any time. For up-to-date baggage allowance restrictions, please check with the appropriate airline for their latest regulations. Additional baggage charges may apply.
- Please keep in mind within Asia the baggage limitation on all flights varies by airline. Generally, the baggage allowance on domestic and within Asia flights is limited to 1-checked-in of 44 lbs. and 1 carry-on with a combined total dimension not exceeding 45 inches. Please check directly with the corresponding airline to confirm baggage allowance policies.
Important Luggage Info & Tips
- Baggage is the sole responsibility of the traveler. We recommend using a TSA approved luggage lock and Affordable World luggage tags (enclosed) showing the name and contact information of the owner. Baggage without a lock may be refused for transport
- DO NOT pack medicine, valuables, and other personal necessities in checked luggage. Keep these items in your carry-on bag
- Consider packing a change of clothing, a set of undergarments and toiletries in your carry-on bag to avoid inconvenience caused by delays or lost luggage.
- Power bank chargers over 20,000 mAh are restricted from carry on and check in luggage
- Power bank mAh capacity must be clearly labelled by the manufacturer on the charger
- Please visit www.tsa.gov for USA carry on restrictions
- No porter service will be provided throughout the tour. During the tour please always keep an eye on your personal belongings and valuables. Be aware of your surroundings when going out on your own.
- Important note: Affordable World Tours’ representatives cannot enter the luggage claim area. After you collect your luggage and exit customs, our local Affordable World representative will be waiting for you outside with an Affordable World flag or sign.
Indonesian currency is called Indonesian Rupiah (IDR). As of April 2022, the exchange rate is $1 U.S dollar to 14,369 IDR. We suggest you bring a combination of cash and credit cards for your trip. Most stores, hotels and restaurants will accept major credit cards such as Visa and Mastercard. However, it is more convenient to use cash especially if you are planning to shop and eat in smaller shops. Please always keep your currency exchange receipts as you may need to present these when changing IDR back to your own currency at the end of your trip.
Please note gratuities are not included in your tour cost. They are customary and their purpose is to encourage and reward quality service. Our guides greatly appreciate any tips you would like to give them. Our recommended tip amount is as follows:
- Tour Guide(s) - $4- $8 USD per person per day
- Coach Driver(s) - $4 USD per person per day
HEALTH & MEDICAL MATTERS
Medical and vaccination requirements vary between countries. It is important you check with your family doctor or a qualified medical professional for the most up to date travel health information for the region you are visiting. Due to the length of the trip, it is strongly advised you consult your doctor for existing medical/dental conditions before departure. It is advised to pack any prescription medicine in your carry-on hand luggage. Please make sure prescription medicine is fully labelled. It may also be useful to bring aspirin, over-the-counter medicine for the flu, indigestion, motion sickness, etc. In case of illness during the trip, please immediately notify your tour guide for assistance.
Indonesia’s electrical system operates at 220 volts / 50hz so a converter is needed to operate a normal 110-volt American appliances. Electrical appliances will also require an adapter that can change the shape of the plug prongs. It is recommended travellers bring their own voltage converter and adapter
Our Itineraries include city tours and these involve a decent amount of walking. Be prepared for many steps, uneven pavement and walking up steep inclines (especially in temples) – comfortable walking shoes with grip are strongly recommended.
The time difference between major cities in North America and Bali are as below:
- Los Angeles + 16 hours
- New York + 13 hours
Meals are included in Bali as per itinerary. Tap water is not potable in Indonesia. Bottled water may be purchased from the hotel or convenience store. We regret to inform you that Affordable World is unable to confirm any special meal requests as it is based on the availability of the restaurants, hotels, and airlines. Please contact the airlines directly to place special meal requests for your flights.
Although Affordable World’s national guides will be happy to assist you with any shopping requirements, Affordable World does not assume responsibility for any items purchased at shops while on tour. You are never required to purchase any items while on tour and thus must be responsible for your own purchases. Any after sales correspondence must be between the passenger and the shop in question.
Optional tours may be added up to 7 days prior to the departure date. Optional tours may also be purchased while on the tour. All on-site optional tour purchases are up to an additional $10 per person and must be payable in USD cash (credit cards are not accepted for on-site optional tour purchases). Optional tours that have a “pre-book” icon are only available for purchase up to 7 days prior to the departure date and are not available for on-site purchase. Unused services, including optional tours are non-refundable.
CLIMATE & CLOTHING:
Indonesia enjoys a warm, tropical climate year-round with the most pleasant weather from April until October when the trade winds blow. The rainy season starts in November and usually lasts until March. Weather in Bali typically follows two seasons: dry and rainy.
- Apr to Oct - Dry season; average temperature of 87 F
- Nov to Mar - Rainy season; average temperature of 90 F
Clothes should be light and loose; natural fibres or blends are best. Comfortable walking shoes are essential; sunglasses and light hats are recommended. Shoes must be removed upon entering temple buildings and private homes, so non-laced shoes (but not sandals without back straps) are best. Dress modestly and don’t wear shorts or tank tops when visiting religious buildings.
The national language, Bahasa Indonesia, is taught in all schools. At home and in the markets, the local people speak their local dialect, e.g. Javanese in Central and East Java, Balinese in Bali. English is increasingly spoken in the main tourist centers and Dutch is still understood by the older generation.
BALI EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
Ms Senly +6287761009889
Our experienced staff of Bali specialists take pride in providing you with the very best in service and planning. Thank you for choosing Affordable World as your partner in travel. We are confident your trip will be happy and rewarding!